University of Tartu, Institute of Physics (IPUT), Estonia
The facilities are used for materials preparations (ALD, PLD, CVD, sol-gel and solid state chemistry) and processing (SEM-FIB) and structural, surface and spectroscopic characterisation (XRD, RHEED, XRF, XPS, UPS, optical, laser (incl. fs time range), luminescence and micro-Raman spectroscopy, ellipsometry, AFM, SPM, SEM, EPR).
For photonics cluster the following topics are of interest:
- Development of new optical, sensor and light emitting materials in form of thin films, fibers, ceramics and crystals;
- Investigation and characterisation of sensor/photonics/plasmonics materials using above mentioned methods;
- Single molecule spectroscopy and its applications;
- Spectroscopic diagnostics based on LIBS;
- Protective thin dielectric coatings.